Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Utah Summer Games started this week in Cedar City... So it's become one happening town! Opening Ceremonies were on Thursday. Every mascot from Utah was there, I'm pretty sure. (Reminded me of the fight we got to witness at the the BYU Ballroom competitions a few years ago.) The Jazz Bear came in on a huge zipline and had roller blade wheels on his feet so he sped around the track, it was "pretty freakin' awesome" as Tennyson would say.
Then they had some amazing fireworks, I was surprised that they lasted longer than ten minutes, I'm so used to Orangeville Days... Although, I did miss the Dance Raja Dance in the background... "Arta pa chenda, no ta pa chenda"...

Later that week I had the privilege of working at Econo Lodge on the busiest night of the year. Because it was so busy the hotel was quite rowdy, a lot of teams.. A couple came in about nine, rented a room and went straight to their room wanting to go to bed. Ten minutes after they got in I got a phone call from them saying that kids were being loud, I told them I would ask them to be quiet, which I did, and she said okay. Four calls later from the same woman with the same complaint I looked up at my security camera and two men were in the upstairs hallway talking to each other standing extremely close to each other. I get a call for front desk and a lady is screaming "I'm calling the cops, there is gonna be a fight up here!" I jump over the front desk and book it upstairs.. These men are yelling so loud at each other... By the time I get up there, and of course everyone and their dog is standing out in the hallway, I get to see the first punch thrown. Yes, imagine two men rolling around in a hotel hallway, their wives screaming at them all because it wasn't quiet at nine in the evening. The cops showed up a few seconds later and had to haul the two guys off to jail. One man was a coach of the number one Soccer team down here, and the other was a biker on his way to Zion.

Here's a video of some of the cool fireworks we had.

9 comments:

Tennyson said...

I wish mom had brought me down to run! It sounds like you are having alot of fun.

Miranda Gutierrez said...

Thank you Mom and Tennyson for putting everything on my blog.. It's beautiful (especially the pictures of myself)
The video looks very nice!

Banner Fauver said...

my favorite song on yours is constipated!lol. Welll that's some story. good thing you were there.

Tennyson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stacy said...

That sound like a lot of fun! Hope you are meeting lots of new people. Can't wait to get down there myself!

The Schauerhamers said...

That is soo funny but scary, but I'm sure you got it all under control ;) Funny how things can get out of hand when you are tired and irritated. The fireworks are cool. I recognized the song but I forget the name. We look forward to seeing you soon! Can't wait!!!!

Alan and Shelley said...

Oh the life of a hotel clerk. Or whatever you are. I guess even in Cedar City things can get out of control. Why is your mother putting things on your blog?

liz and dennis said...

good story about the fisticuffs at the econolodge. who knew you and leslie would endure such hostile work environments.

sara said...

What is most scary is that you know the words to Dance Raja Dance songs. I love that you have Crazy playig on your playlist. My all time favorite song.